News for the current year! E-Magazine
Closing the Gap Healthcare supports you every step of the way.
Message from our CEO Leighton McDonald
To Our Clients, Families and Caregivers,
These are challenging times in many of our communities as the number of new COVID-19 cases is a real concern. As such, it has never been more important to work together to keep you and our CTG team members safe. The CTG team is actively monitoring the situation in all communities in which we are present, and we are working closely with public health departments, government, and other health care organizations to manage the impact. And most importantly, we are working closely with you.
While the ongoing roll out of COVID-19 vaccinations in Canada heralds a long-term solution to the pandemic, we must all continue to take steps to reduce COVID-19 transmission. CTG prides itself on being one Team Made for Caring and our team includes you. Together we can continue to ensure you safely receive the high-quality care you deserve, and our team members remain safe.
Our number one priority will always be the safety and well-being of our clients and CTG team members, every day and at every community, school, or clinic visit. All CTG providers are very well informed about COVID-19 and how to keep everyone safe. Our team members take several steps to ensure safety and we need clients, caregivers and loved ones to also take active steps for everyone’s safety.
Before your visit
• A CTG team member will be asking you a series of screening questions the day before your visit and again at the time of your visit or appointment.
• It is critical that you answer all the questions honestly as it will help us keep everyone safe. Be assured that regardless of the screening results, you will receive the care you need but we may need to take additional precautions for your safety and the safety of others.
During your visit
• Your CTG health care provider will be wearing both a mask and a face shield or goggles.
• Any visitors or caregivers are to remain outside of our clinics or in another room for in-home visits. If they must be present, they will be asked to wear a mask or face covering.
• Younger clients also need to wear a mask when receiving services.
• If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you. All nursing and physiotherapy clients will be provided a new mask when they arrive at a CTG clinic.
• Individuals in the home will be asked to maintain a 2 metre (6 feet) physical distance from the CTG provider unless they are an essential part of the care.
• Individuals near or around the area of the client and the CTG team member will be asked to wear a mask or face covering even if they are maintaining the required physical distance.
• With the warmer temperatures, kindly open doors and windows in your home to take advantage of natural ventilation when a CTG team member is in your home. Ideally, open multiple windows to promote a cross breeze.
• If you need to run a fan or air conditioner, direct the air stream so that it does not blow directly on yourself or the CTG team member during the visit.
• CTG team members will clean their hands frequently for your safety and we ask you do the same.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to reach out to us. You can also find current information at www.ontario.ca/coronavirus or www.novascotia.ca/coronavirus
President & Chief Executive Officer
Closing the Gap Healthcare