News for the current year! E-Magazine
Closing the Gap Healthcare supports you every step of the way.
Message from our CEO Leighton McDonald
March 29, 2022
To Our Clients, Families and Caregivers,
It has been a long two years while we have all worked so hard together to manage the impact of COVID-19 in our own lives and in our communities. Throughout this time, CTG has been committed to continuing to safely deliver high quality care. I am happy to share that 99% of all CTG team members are fully vaccinated against COVID. A very small number of team members have been granted a vaccine exemption and these individuals test themselves for COVID on a regular basis.
As we enter this new phase of the COVID-19 pandemic in Canada, some public health requirements in public settings are changing. Changes such as no longer needing to provide proof of vaccination to dine in a restaurant or no longer being required to wear a mask when we go for groceries.
While these may be welcome changes in public settings, in home care we work in close proximity to people for periods of time and throughout the day we are often providing service to individuals who are vulnerable to becoming very sick due to a COVID-19 infection. As such, we must continue to work together to keep you, other clients and their families, and our CTG team members safe.
Our number one priority will always be the safety and well-being of our clients and CTG team members, every day and at every community, school, or clinic visit. CTG team members follow best practices in infection prevention and control, and we need you to be part of the safety team. Here’s what we can do together to keep everyone safe.
Before your visit
• A CTG team member will be asking you a series of screening questions the day before your visit and again at the time of your visit or appointment.
• It is critical that you answer all the questions honestly as it will help us keep everyone safe. Be assured that regardless of the screening results, you will receive the care you need but we may need to take additional precautions for your safety and the safety of others.
During your visit
• Your CTG health care provider will be wearing both a mask and a face shield or goggles. This is for both their protection and yours.
• You are asked to wear a mask when the CTG provider is in your home; if you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you. All nursing and physiotherapy clients will be provided a new mask when they arrive at a CTG clinic.
• Younger clients are also asked to wear a mask when receiving services in home or at school.
• If caregivers must be present and close by during a visit, they will be asked to wear a mask or face covering.
• Individuals in the home will be asked to maintain a 2 metre (6 feet) physical distance from the CTG provider unless they are an essential part of the care.
• Now that winter is easing, when possible, kindly open doors and windows in your home to take advantage of natural ventilation when a CTG team member is in your home.
• CTG team members will clean their hands frequently for your safety and we ask you do the same.
CTG prides itself on being a Team Made for Caring and our team includes you. Together we can continue to ensure you safely receive the high-quality care you deserve, and our team members remain safe.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to reach out to us. You can also find current information at www.ontario.ca/coronavirus or www.novascotia.ca/coronavirus
President & Chief Executive Officer
Closing the Gap Healthcare