What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational Therapy is a profession dedicated to helping individuals develop, recover or maintain the ability to perform everyday activities, such as: getting dressed, eating, participating in the community, etc. Occupational Therapy can be preventative, as well as a corrective measure to help individual’s live productive and satisfying lives.
Who can benefit from Occupational Therapy?
If you need help overcoming or adapting to an injury, illness, or disability, Occupational Therapy can help by providing education and training to perform activities for your specific needs. For individuals that need assistance to be able to live independently, Occupational Therapy can help create and maintain a productive and satisfying life.
- Education for injury prevention and safety
- Equipment prescription and training
- Assist with proper seating and positioning
- Home, school and workplace assessments to uncover any safety related issues and provide recommendations on how the space can be modified to suit your needs
- Working with children to improve their fine and visual motor skills
- Helping individuals navigate their community and access key resources
- Linking to community resources
- Training to assist with everyday activities, such as getting dressed or preparing a meal
Our Occupational Therapists
Our Occupational Therapists assist individuals who suffer from an injury, illness, disability or other problems that limit their ability to work, take care of themselves or participate in leisurely activities. Our goal is to help our clients enjoy life and remain productive and active members of their community. We provide services to children and adults using an integrated approach designed to address the critical life skills required for independent living.
We service both rural and urban regions throughout Ontario and Nova Scotia, with 11 Clinics and 11 Home Care office locations. To find out if Occupational Therapy is offered near you, please visit our Locations page. If you do not see any locations near you, please contact us and we’ll be happy to let you know if we offer services in your area.