What is the AngioDefender™?
The AngioDefender™ helps assess the presence of early-stage cardiovascular disease (CVD) and coach individuals on how to improve their overall vascular health. Until the AngioDefender™, measuring damage to your arteries required highly technical, expensive, and often invasive procedures. The AngioDefender™ is not only accurate, but is non-invasive and can assess your overall risk of CVD in less than 20 minutes.
How Does the AngioDefender™ Work?
The AngioDefender™ measures the percentage of difference in diameter between fully dilated and resting blood vessels, known as flow-mediated dilation (%FMD). Healthier vessels release more nitric oxide, leading to a higher %FMD and a lower risk of CVD and atherosclerosis.
The results from the AngioDefender™ test are inputted into the Vascular Age Calculator along with some additional information about the individual, which together enables us to get a good understanding of your vascular health. Our trained staff can then identify any CVD risk factors affecting your vascular age and develop a customized plan to improve your overall health and well being.
- Cardiovascular Disease is responsible for nearly one of every three deaths per year
- Nine in ten Canadians have at least one risk factor for heart disease and stroke
- More people throughout the world die from Cardiovascular Disease than any other cause
- The test is portable, quick, non-invasive, accurate, and provides instant results
- Up to 80% of premature heart disease and stroke is preventable by adopting healthy behaviour
- Most people don’t have symptoms before their first heart attack. This is why CVD is known as “the silent killer”
Our AngioDefender™ Nurses
Our Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) administer the AngioDefender™ test after a brief initial consultation. After the test is complete, our Nurses will discuss the results and create a customized action plan specific to improving your overall health and well being.
We service both rural and urban regions throughout Ontario and Nova Scotia, with 11 Clinics and 11 Home Care office locations. To find out if the AngioDefender™ is offered near you, please visit our Locations page. If you do not see any locations near you, please contact us and we’ll be happy to let you know if we offer services in your area.